Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Labour party ID Act spam

The Labour party is trying to reduce the political damage they have caused through their bludgeoning of the ID Cards Act through Parliament. Below is the letter that poodle MPs have been given to customise and use to spam their constituents.

How many times does Labour think they have to repeat lies that ID cards "cut crime, reduce identity theft and prevent illegal immigration" before people will believe them?


Draft ID Cards direct mail

Dear <>

I am writing to update you on the ID Cards Act as this is an issue that you have contacted me about previously.

The Tories and the Lib Dems used the unelected House of Lords to stop the ID Cards Bill becoming law. It went back to the House of Commons, delaying the process further. I voted again for the Bill and happily on 29 March the House of Lords finally stopped delaying the process.

Identity fraud, illegal immigration, benefit abuse and national security represent some of the biggest political challenges of the 21st century. In a rapidly changing world we all face increased threats to our communities, particularly from criminals who make money by stealing people's personal information. I believe that it is the duty of Government to do all it can to protect our country from these threats in a manner that is consistent with our cherished freedoms.

Making your views count

I believe that ID Cards are important to the people of <> and the UK. And as you know <> people in <> wanted the government to introduce ID cards.

I will make sure that I represent your views about ID Cards and make sure they are introduced as soon as possible. That's why I voted for the ID cards bill when it was put before parliament. I've come to the conclusion that in order to cut crime, reduce identity theft and prevent illegal immigration we need this legislation.

I will make sure you are kept up to date on this important issue.

Yours etc.

No comments: