Wednesday, August 23, 2006

NHS, meet the Information Commissioner

Here is my final attempt at having the Department of Health remove me from unnecessary and invasive medical databases before I complain to the Information Commissioner:

Dominic Ward
Department of Health
Richmond House
79 Whitehall

22 August 2006

Dear Mr. Ward,

Thank you for your letter of 3 July.

I do appreciate that the Department of Health is yet to finalise the working arrangements for the National Care Records Service. However, I would ask for the third time that the department comply with my original request: please instruct all data controllers within the NHS who may hold identifiable information about me that I am opting out of all secondary processing of my personal health information to the greatest extent permitted by law. This includes the Care Records Service, the NHS-Wide Clearing Service, the Hospital Episode Statistics service and the Prescription Pricing Authority (PPA) database.

If you cannot satisfy this request, contrary to the assurances given by Caroline Flint MP to the House of Commons on 16 June 2005, I will be forced to complain about this unfair and distressing treatment to the Information Commissioner.

Yours sincerely,

Ian Brown.

1 comment:

eeore said...

Good luck:)