Wednesday, August 23, 2006

NHS still ignoring privacy request

The Department of Health database saga continues. I received the following response to my letter requesting to opt-out of storage of my medical data in systems not directly related to my own care:
Department of Health
Richmond House
79 Whitehall London
Tel: 020 7210 3000

3 July 2006

Dear Mr Brown,

Thank you for your further letter of 14 April about the National Care Records Service (NCRS). Your letter has been passed to me for reply and I apologise for the delay in doing so.

I am afraid we cannot comply with your request at this time as the full details of how the NCRS will work and how patients can opt out have yet to be finalised. These issues will be resolved in the coming months and there will be a national campaign advising those patients who do wish to opt out how to do so.

I hope that this reply is helpful.

Yours sincerely,


Dominic Ward
Customer Service Centre
Department of Health

No comments: