Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lunatocracy

Blunkett eyes
It is slowly becoming clear quite how deranged the Bush and Blair administrations have become since 2000 and 1997 respectively.

Bob Woodward's new book has laid bare the savage incompetence of Rumsfeld, Cheney and their neocon pals that has caused the deaths of 655,000 people in Iraq; the dithering of Condi Rice that allowed the Pentagon rather than the State Department to run the show; and the mind-blowing capacity of the moron in the White House to stand back and allow his squabbling Secretaries to drag America to its lowest global standing in history.

David Blunkett's self-pitying, whining attempt to rewrite recent history has revealed a Cabinet of Blairite toadies who stand by while our Dear Leader sanctions illegal wars, condones torture and generally stamps on every principle his party holds dear.

Blunkett has done himself no favours whatsoever, prompting his director of prisons to reveal the home secretary's reaction to a prison riot:

David was certainly furious. He was also hysterical. He directed me, without delay, to order staff back into the prison. I told him that we did not, at that time, have enough staff in the prison to contemplate such a move but that many more staff were on their way from other prisons. I insisted, however, that although I was determined to take the prison back as quickly as possible, I could not, and would not, risk staff or prisoner lives in attempting to do so. He shrieked at me that he didn’t care about lives, told me to call in the Army and “machine-gun” the prisoners. He then ordered me to take the prison back immediately. I refused. David hung up.

These people are a menace to the US, the UK and the rest of the world.

No comments: