- No more pilots of electronic voting without a system of individual voter registration. There also needs to be further consideration of its wider implications and significant improvements to testing and implementation.
- No further pilots of electronic counting, and more robust procurement and testing processes when electronic counting is used in future elections.
- That the government makes a decision whether to allow voting in advance of polling day further pilots are unnecessary
- That the government publishes a strategy for modernising the electoral process including changes to improve security
- That the value of signing for ballot papers is limited in the absence of individual registration
Media coverage in the Guardian and BBC News.